Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Talks of a New Server
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby miningninja Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 pm

» Server Status Update
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby AngryKhan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm

» Server Down
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

» Problems & Updates by Angof
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby sordcooper Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

» Azure: An Ocean City
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

» SMP Vech's Super Hostile
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

» Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby Gordijnplooi Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

» If you are not whitelisted post here.
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby acesss Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

» Project Clanilla's B-DAY OLD SPAWN TNT CAKE PARTY!!!!
Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Minecrafting tips

Go down 
+5
sordcooper
Puritania
Seion173
clitcomander
Kehal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kehal

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:47 am

Hey guys, Kehal here and I'm back to show you a few tips to make minecrafting easier.

Lets start with some simple things first!
[Excuse my screenshots as they're all of an modded minecraft but I will be showing everything you can do in a vanilla]

1.Always make a spawn shack at your original spawn point, there's been multiple times where my house/bed has been blown up and I've had to walk all the way back to it in the dead of night with the mobs around and nothing on hand to fight them off with.

Minecrafting tips  20110409041620

2.Charcoal IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, smelting logs to make charcoal is the best way to have infinite lighting/fuel for your furnaces, it's regrowable. So ALWAYS make some charcoal at the start unless you find coal.

Minecrafting tips  20110409042052

3.Walls should always be at least 3 high if you make a quick shack without a roof, it prevents skeletons from shooting in, but watch out for spiders!

4.You should always make it top priority to make a mining base, I find it's way to hard to start off and try to build a house without a place to mine and get cobble for building[and wooden houses have a tendency to be blown up easier than cobble]

Minecrafting tips  20110409042632

5.Creeper protection, there's multiple ways to protect yourself from creepers.
5A.Run the hell away!
5B.Hit them, then back up and hit again[repeating the process until they die]
5C.Bring them to water and let them explode in it causing no damage to your property and only some to yourself.
5D.Bring them to water again but this time swim under them and attack them not getting too close.

6.Food, always have food on hand farming is your best way to get food but if you do go hunting pigs make sure to always cook the food before eating, so many people eat the raw meat and waste the extra 2 1/2 hearts they could get from cooking it.

7.Wolves, a lot of people want wolves but complain about never being able to find them/tame them. The best way to get a wolf is to stockpile a lot of bones THEN go out hunting for them, their spawn is rare but it's best to set two points to check and walk between these two points, and keep the mobs spawning/despawning.

I.E Set up two dirt columns that are almost a days walk away from each other. Walk back and forth with bones in hand looking for the wolves. Repeat until they spawn[lengthy process but stops the map from genning so much, unless you just enjoy a large map ;] ]

8.Mob traps, the simplest way to get resources from undead mobs is to make a pit 2-3 blocks down and wait till they burn in the morning sun.

9.No torches and it's getting to be night time and you have a bed on hand? No problem!

As long as there is no room for a mob to spawn in the area the bed is placed you can sleep till night time without a hitch.
[Refer to picture]

Minecrafting tips  20110409044344

Minecrafting tips  20110409044353

Minecrafting tips  20110409040727

10.Diamonds, a lot of people use diamonds pickaxes for mining in a natural cave around the diamond and lava level, but majority of the time they fall in lava, and lose everything they worked for before. NEVER MINE FOR ORES WITH DIAMOND. Yes I know the durability is what most people use it for but unless you make your own mining sites[like what I do with bedrock mining] DO NOT USE DIAMOND. Iron is just as good, and doesn't leave your angry at yourself when you die and lose it all because you wanted to mine downward or on top a block, or get knocked in.

I'll add more pictures as I expand this world to help show what I mean and if I get around to it I'll even make a video.

Thanks for reading

-Kehal
Back to top Go down
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:23 am

SWEET tip with the bed and small spaces...very cool...and also...am i the only one who didn't know you could make coal with wood and wood???? cuz who would think to do that?? i just looked for coal all the time...LOLS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/surfingmushroom
Kehal

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 am

clitcomander wrote:
SWEET tip with the bed and small spaces...very cool...and also...am i the only one who didn't know you could make coal with wood and wood???? cuz who would think to do that?? i just looked for coal all the time...LOLS

Hehe not many would think to try that unless they looked through the wiki or went through the .jars looking for new stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Seion173

Seion173

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:01 am

I didn't until I read the wiki. That is a very powerful resource.
Back to top Go down
Puritania

Puritania

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 am

i can only give one piece of advice.
Always have a spare stock of Gravel or Dirt.
You can never know when you need it! but i bet your ass on it!
You better have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, and that can mean life or death......or a long tedious attempted alternative Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Philadelphia94
sordcooper

sordcooper

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:40 pm

clitcomander wrote:

...wait, you didn't know how to make charcoal?... what next? your going to tell me that you didnt know holding down shift prevents you from falling off ledges unless you get shoved off?
Back to top Go down
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:08 pm

sordcooper wrote:
clitcomander wrote:

...wait, you didn't know how to make charcoal?... what next? your going to tell me that you didnt know holding down shift prevents you from falling off ledges unless you get shoved off?
no thats basic...it also hides your name...
Back to top Go down
Krakjen

Krakjen

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm

I don't know if anyone has thought about it - but, you know when you're mining and you've come across this gigantic cave system? You go around and place torches like a wild man to light it up... and suddenly, you're lost. <- I've lost count.

Now though, I always place torches on the right side as I go down - and when I need to go to the surface again, the torches should be on the left side as you walk up. x)
Back to top Go down
Puritania

Puritania

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 am

Krakjen wrote:
I don't know if anyone has thought about it - but, you know when you're mining and you've come across this gigantic cave system? You go around and place torches like a wild man to light it up... and suddenly, you're lost. <- I've lost count.

Now though, I always place torches on the right side as I go down - and when I need to go to the surface again, the torches should be on the left side as you walk up. x)

Hanzel And Gretyl crumbs Wink thats actually a really good tip i must say. might try that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Philadelphia94
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:46 am

I do that too Krak, but on the left....

Also if you're in a maze supposedly if you keep to the left wall eventually you make it to the end.
Back to top Go down
extraxiveneficus

extraxiveneficus

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:15 am

I should really start doing that, though, I am happy to say that I have become somewhat more conservative with my torches. When I finish exploring a section of cave I backtrack to the nearest branch taking the torches I placed along the way with me and then I wall it off. I have heard that also about sticking to the left side to get out of a maze. I will have test that out the next time I find myself lost.
Back to top Go down
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:03 pm

the torch thing would be easier than memorizing the tunnels...i never get lost...i remember the way most of the time...just cant log out in the middle of a maze or ill forget
Back to top Go down

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:26 am

1) dont get shot
2) dont get blown up
3) dont get your brains eaten...basic knowledge of minecraft
Back to top Go down
sordcooper

sordcooper

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:35 am

iKingsSGC wrote:
1) dont get shot
2) dont get blown up
3) dont get your brains eaten...basic knowledge of minecraft

you forgot punch every tree you see because they are the root of all evil
Back to top Go down
immollation

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Angofwolf wrote:
I do that too Krak, but on the left....

Also if you're in a maze supposedly if you keep to the left wall eventually you make it to the end.

Unless the exit is in the middle without attaching to the walls. now I know how to get you lost
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minecrafting tips  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecrafting tips    Minecrafting tips  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecrafting tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tutorial Videos and Helpful Links-
Jump to: