Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Talks of a New Server
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby miningninja Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 pm

» Server Status Update
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby AngryKhan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm

» Server Down
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

» Problems & Updates by Angof
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby sordcooper Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

» Azure: An Ocean City
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

» SMP Vech's Super Hostile
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

» Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby Gordijnplooi Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

» If you are not whitelisted post here.
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby acesss Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

» Project Clanilla's B-DAY OLD SPAWN TNT CAKE PARTY!!!!
Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Bladex110's guide to planning for materials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bladex110

bladex110

Bladex110's guide to planning for materials Empty
PostSubject: Bladex110's guide to planning for materials   Bladex110's guide to planning for materials I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Hello, today I am going to show you how to calculate the amount of materials required for excavating something. Weather it be a quarry or a large under ground city, you can estimate the amount of pick axes and even materials needed.

Step 1-Find the dimensions of what you want to mine.
Step 2-Find the volume (Base*Width*Hight)
Step 3-Divide the volume by the durability of the tool that you are using

Quote :
KEY

Gold-33

Wood-60

Iron-251

Diamond-1562

Step 4-Round that number down, and divide that by two and three, respectively.
Step 5-Take the number that you got when you divided by two and divide it by eight, round up.
Step 6- You're done! The number that you got when you divided by 8 is the amount of wood that you need. The number that you get when you divided by 3 in step 5 is the amount of materials that are required.

Here's the formula

Let X equal the durability of material used

[(Base*Hight*Width)/X]/3= The amount of material needed

[(Base*Hight*Width)/X]/2/8=The amount of wood that you need

If you just want to find the number of pick axes, you can stop at [(Base*Hight*Width)/X]

Also, because shovels only require one resource per tool, the formula is the same as the one right above this text

NOTE: AFTER YOU DIVIDE BY DURABILITY, ROUND UP.

Quote :
Here's an example. This is for the underground tree farm of Project Grymshire. I will be using stone tools.

[(90*90*7)/251]/3
[56,700/251]*3
(~225.89 Rounded up) 226*3
I will need 678 cobblestone

Since part of the formula is the same, I will use 226 (The number of actual tools needed)

(226/2)/8
113/8
Rounded up, I will need 15 Pieces of wood.

Hope this guide helps you with your planning! Or you could always just wing it and stop making minecraft so damn complicated...
Back to top Go down

Bladex110's guide to planning for materials
Page 1 of 1