Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Talks of a New Server
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby miningninja Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 pm

» Server Status Update
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AngryKhan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm

» Server Down
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

» Problems & Updates by Angof
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby sordcooper Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

» Azure: An Ocean City
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

» SMP Vech's Super Hostile
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

» Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Gordijnplooi Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

» If you are not whitelisted post here.
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby acesss Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

» Project Clanilla's B-DAY OLD SPAWN TNT CAKE PARTY!!!!
Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Suggestions for the monthly events!

Go down 
+12
Blizzlock
bladex110
TRNC
Jester1996
SoapPlatypus
sordcooper
MageInsaniak
Mysterym
Seion173
EcoHulk
Baalo
clitcomander
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Got an idea Idea for a great game we can all play fairly to compete for a prize? If you would like more options, please outline your game/event here. Right down to every detail. Whats involved? How many people is required? How do you determine a winner fairly(rules)? With partner or not? Duration,ect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/surfingmushroom

AuthorMessage
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 am

XNtr3k wrote:
High-Altitude Game Hunt

Get up some place high, look down (preferably at some kind of animal), then open fire. I have not experimented with this enough to know what the range of the bows are, but I often see little animals scurrying about below me while I work up in the air.

In the absence of game, just have a couple of players with targets draw on them run around in a circle on the ground. Maybe a last-man-standing kind of deal.
LOVE IT...implementing this one too....we have a monster spawner plug in for the monthly event so we can spawn whatever and go by kills taking turns or players below like you suggested...very nice...
Back to top Go down
XNtr3k

XNtr3k

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 am

I'm getting pretty good at building perfect circles and spheres. In the event we need a nice colosseum I can always build something >Very Happy
Make a nice pit for Gladiatorial combat, with the aerial bombardment platform above that.

You know, fill the colosseum with monsters and then drop TNT on them from 1,000 meters.....
Back to top Go down
bladex110

bladex110

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 am

What about pictionary? We divide the community into two teams with someone from one of the teams try and draw a something that someone from the other team decides on. The team that is guessing goes up on a platform of glass and tries to guess what the person is drawing before time runs out. As for telling the person what the object that they must draw, someone from the opposing team will put it on a sign, out of sight from the others. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
XNtr3k

XNtr3k

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 pm

bladex110 wrote:
What about pictionary? We divide the community into two teams with someone from one of the teams try and draw a something that someone from the other team decides on. The team that is guessing goes up on a platform of glass and tries to guess what the person is drawing before time runs out. As for telling the person what the object that they must draw, someone from the opposing team will put it on a sign, out of sight from the others. What do you think?

Give everyone a set number of blocks and tell them to build their item.
Or two teams building the same item at once, first team to figure out what it is wins.
Back to top Go down
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 pm

JUST AN FYI...IM INSTALLING MONSTER HUNT FOR END OF THE MONTH EVENT!!!

everyone goes and kills as many monsters as possible...the server will allocate scores and point automatically to any players.
i tried it out today on another server...AND FUCK IT WAS FUN!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
bladex110

bladex110

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

XNtr3k wrote:
bladex110 wrote:

Or two teams building the same item at once, first team to figure out what it is wins.
Yeah,, thats what I meant to say.
Back to top Go down
XNtr3k

XNtr3k

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

bladex110 wrote:
XNtr3k wrote:
bladex110 wrote:

Yeah,, thats what I meant to say.

Its all good.
I also meant to build the object in 3D, too. Maybe two versions of the game.
Back to top Go down
Kehal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 am

A game like Ace of spades

For those who don't know the game it's like Minecraft but FPS.

Plainly it would go like this:
2 teams each with a different piece of armor or maybe weapons [like say one gold team and one wood team or one leather helmet team and one leather boots team]

And the two would be protecting a block [say Diamond block or gold or maybe iron] So the teams would have to construct defenses, dig tunnels, and kill each other to get to the other teams block.

The build time limit could vary from 10 mins to 30 to whatever.

The winning team would take that block and split it up among their members + their own block.
Back to top Go down
XNtr3k

XNtr3k

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 am

Hungry Hungry Hippos

We set up an arena, drop a bunch of blocks like dirt, sand, cobblestone, etc into it, and then have the contestants rush out onto the floor and pick up as much as they can. Whomever gathers the most wins the round.
Back to top Go down
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:03 am

XNtr3k wrote:
Hungry Hungry Hippos

We set up an arena, drop a bunch of blocks like dirt, sand, cobblestone, etc into it, and then have the contestants rush out onto the floor and pick up as much as they can. Whomever gathers the most wins the round.

If you put this in, it would be possible to also put in various kinds of blocks and make them each worth different point amounts as well.

clitcomander wrote:

JUST AN FYI...IM INSTALLING MONSTER HUNT FOR END OF THE MONTH EVENT!!!

everyone goes and kills as many monsters as possible...the server will allocate scores and point automatically to any players.
i tried it out today on another server...AND FUCK IT WAS FUN!!

Sounds exciting.
Back to top Go down
sordcooper

sordcooper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

Kehal wrote:
A game like Ace of spades

For those who don't know the game it's like Minecraft but FPS.

Plainly it would go like this:
2 teams each with a different piece of armor or maybe weapons [like say one gold team and one wood team or one leather helmet team and one leather boots team]

And the two would be protecting a block [say Diamond block or gold or maybe iron] So the teams would have to construct defenses, dig tunnels, and kill each other to get to the other teams block.

The build time limit could vary from 10 mins to 30 to whatever.

The winning team would take that block and split it up among their members + their own block.
hm... sounds like a mincraftian CTF mode, maybe if you could earn bonuses by picking up and holding onto otherwise useless items like sugar or glow powder off of your enemies bodies for bonus points (these items would be stockpiled along with weapons in the base near the 'flag' from the get go or something)

XNtr3k wrote:
Hungry Hungry Hippos

...dude... yes, yes, a thousand times yes! though we gotta keep people from killing each other... or not, that could be part of the fun
Back to top Go down
Blizzlock
Admin
Admin
Blizzlock

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 pm

XNtr3k wrote:
Hungry Hungry Hippos

This sounds quite fun, I would look forward to seeing this implemented.
Back to top Go down
bladex110

bladex110

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:05 am

Ok, so this might be a bit too un-vanilla but what about getting the planes mod (you could ban planes outside of this event) and going to the nether and shooting down ghasts?

Rules:
1. Killing a ghast is worth three points
2. Killing a player is worth one point plus one additional point for every ghast that they killed
3. If you are killed by another player, you are out, but yourpoi ts are kept
4. No killing players in the first 10 minutes
5. After 20 minutes, the player with the most amount of points (Dead or alive) wins a prize.
Back to top Go down
XNtr3k

XNtr3k

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Now that 1.5 makes it easier to make mine carts travel, we could set up a long length of track through a dimly-lit area filled with zombies, give a player a bow and a pile of arrows and let them ride the rails through the cave or town or whatever while shooting zombies.
Nice rail-shooter event. Set up multiple routes or identical routes or have people follow in a second car.
Back to top Go down
clitcomander
Admin
Admin
clitcomander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 pm

XNtr3k wrote:
Now that 1.5 makes it easier to make mine carts travel, we could set up a long length of track through a dimly-lit area filled with zombies, give a player a bow and a pile of arrows and let them ride the rails through the cave or town or whatever while shooting zombies.
Nice rail-shooter event. Set up multiple routes or identical routes or have people follow in a second car.
i will do this since we have monster hunt and it will keep score for each mob and easily set values for each mob killed...even save the all time high score...we will call it Indiana Jones monster hunt....LOL it will be a lot of fun...monster hunt is an epic plug in
Back to top Go down
Mysterym

Mysterym

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Indiana Jones will become a reality only available on the clanilla server xD Wink
Back to top Go down
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Here is an idea.

If we have enough people to swear allegiance to a specific large city then we can have events that include multiple members for each city. Those members points/winnings/etc will then be totaled and the city with the highest score will receive a city wide benefit or reward. Obvious rewards would be blocks to expand upon the city in some way. However other rewards could be designed.

Another idea is a design contest. Each city could design a sculpture or building and then, using the default textures, we could have images submitted and put online to be voted on (preferably by both members and non members). The one with the most votes wins! Once again city (or even group) specific reward for this since it would be a group effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the monthly events!   Suggestions for the monthly events! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the monthly events!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Discussion-
Jump to: