Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Welcome to the home page for Project Clanilla
Now taking new applicants, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR IN GAME NAME SO WE CAN ALL TELL WHOSE WHO Wink Don't forget the riddle!
Scroll down for the application section Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Talks of a New Server
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby miningninja Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 pm

» Server Status Update
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby AngryKhan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm

» Server Down
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

» Problems & Updates by Angof
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby sordcooper Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

» Azure: An Ocean City
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby bladex110 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

» SMP Vech's Super Hostile
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

» Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby Gordijnplooi Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

» If you are not whitelisted post here.
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby acesss Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

» Project Clanilla's B-DAY OLD SPAWN TNT CAKE PARTY!!!!
Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeby Angofwolf Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> Empty
PostSubject: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 am

Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> 2
This is a schematic to the column design. Sorry it was made with pixels :$

Starting April 23rd the server will be hosting a building competition based upon endurance building. The objective will be to build a portion of the skyrail as far as you can by May 1st 12:01am EST. Because of the nature of this competition builders may formulate into groups and pick one of the four directions to build from. Rewards will be doled out as follows:

• Each group will recieve 1 diamond for each section of railway built. A section will consist of a 30 block long section and be measured from one powered rail to the next.
  • Additional diamonds will be given out based on how much further you build in comparison to the other teams.
  • 1st place will recieve 1 diamond for every section ahead of 2nd place, for every 2 sections ahead of 3rd place, and for every 4 sections ahead of 4th place.
  • 2nd place will recieve 1 diamond for every 2 sections ahead of 3rd place and 4 sections ahead of 4th place.
  • 3rd place will recieve 1 diamond for every 4 sections ahead of 4th place.
  • EXAMPLE: 1st place has 30 sections, 2nd has 25 sections, 3rd 19 sections, and 4th 11 sections. 1st will get 30+5+5+7=47 diamonds, 2nd will get 25+3+3=31 diamonds, 3rd will get 19+2=21 diamonds, and 4th will get 11 diamonds.
  • Please note diamond rewards are not per member, but per group. So if group one had 3 members they would split 47 diamonds 3 ways for 15 diamonds each with 2 left over.
  • All rewards will be paid out via the server.
  • Failure to adhear to the rules below will result in diamond reward penalty or disqualification.
  • If the full section is not built it will not be counted.

*30 sections would be 900 blocks long.

Rules are as follows:

• Follow the template laid out to keep the skyrail looking uniform. The main rail line should remain at height 100.
  • Support beams should extend all the way to the ground, even if the ground is under the ocean.
  • Should you end up tunneling through a mountain, support beams are not necessary as long as the railway is resting on ground level and there is not an expanse greater than 60 blocks where it is not touching the floor.
  • The above rule means if you tunnel out of one mountain and into another, a support beam may not be needed.
  • Please make the railway inaccesable to monsters and animals via fencing or walls where applicable.
  • You will be required to acquire all materials by yourself via gathering or trading.
  • If you wish to start stockpiling immedately the materials to be used will be: Stone brick, stone brick slabs, redstone torches, rails, powered rails, fencing, and torches

If you wish to participate please sign up here. You may also discuss if you wish to work with anyone and let me know here as well.

Participants:

Teams:
North

• Krakjen
  • Gordijnplooi
  • Bladex110

South

• Hunter100195
  • Angofwolf
  • Soorcooper

East

West

Last edited by Angofwolf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gordijnplooi

Gordijnplooi

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 am

Very, very good idea Very Happy I will definitely participate in this. I do have 3 side notes though.

- building the rail through the ocean will be much more work per section then building the rail through the hills. I'm not sure if this is possible (at least I don't know how to do this), but could it be possible that players are rewarded more per section through the ocean than per section through much easier biomes?

- Also, what is this template laid out to keep the skyrail looking uniform exactly? I know it has to be at height 100 and build out of stone bricks, and it probably has to have 2 rails (one going in each direction), but are there any other criteria?

- Finally, you might want to mention that one powered rail had to be placed at least once every 38 rails in order to maintain the maximum speed.

Can't wait to start with this contest Smile
Back to top Go down
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 am

All those questions will be answered when you see the pre-built bridge part. It's going to be very similar to the ones you made.

In regards to reward varience based on location, I'll look at the maps and if any side has an unfair advantage or disadvantage I will adjust final reward totals for sections over those areas.
Back to top Go down
Gordijnplooi

Gordijnplooi

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 pm

cool Smile Problem solved then.
Back to top Go down
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Update!: The train tower has been constructed along with the example bridgework.

Along with this I took it upon myself to bestow each team with a workstation and some minecarts at the start of the railways.

Also in order to alleviate material usage and speed up total contruction time I am changing the rules regarding support pillar placement and will update the beginning post with the information. For those too lazy to go back up and read the intro again the following changes are in place:

The middle block of the pillars should be 60 blocks apart. Powered rails should be every 30 blocks apart, meaning support pillars should be under every 2nd powered that doesnt have support.

Sections will now be determined by powered rail placement, meaning every time a powered rail is placed a section will be counted. Missing pillars will still result in a diamond penality of 3 diamonds per missing pillar.
Back to top Go down
bladex110

bladex110

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:34 am

I'd love to help out and build. It's what I do:P
Back to top Go down
sordcooper

sordcooper

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:49 pm

soooo, this seems interesting... i'd help out but im not sure where to build.. im assuming its at the new spawn?... also what direction would it go to reach skyfleet?
Back to top Go down
Angofwolf

Angofwolf

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Skyfleet is S-SE so South would take you closest to it.

Spoke to Soord in game. Welcome to the team :3
Back to top Go down
bladex110

bladex110

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:40 am

I shall join the North team! It has the best colored text.
Back to top Go down
Gordijnplooi

Gordijnplooi

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

awyeah. North for the win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>   Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event: Build a Skyrail, Help the Server <Rewards>
Page 1 of 1